The Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Banking & Finance offers high quality, specialized education to students looking to develop personal and professional skills required for professional opportunities available today in the banking and financial sector. The program goes beyond the fundamentals of banking and finance education to include courses on Fintech, Data analytic, Cyber Crimes and Quality management providing a solid framework for students to build skills and competencies to pursue career in modern day banking and finance sectors.
The aim of the program is to develop students’ knowledge and understanding of the theories and principles underpinning banking and finance, and their application to retail and wholesale financial services within the broader context of globalized banking and financial services.
Within the context of achieving the Institute’s mission statement the BSc in Banking and Finance aims to:
- Develop students’ knowledge and understanding of the theories and principles underpinning banking and finance, and their application to retail and wholesale financial services within the broader context of globalized banking and financial services.
- Ensure graduates have the knowledge and skills to identify, assess and manage risk exposures inherent in financial institutions and markets.
- Enable the development of intellectual skills including critical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Support the development of a range of subject-specific and general practical and transferable skills.
- Develop students’ ability to analyze, interpret and communicate financial information.
- Develop students’ interpersonal, research, computing and communication skills.
Program Learning Outcomes:
On successful completion of this program the graduate will be able to:
- Use a comprehensive range of theoretical and practical knowledge to solve complex problems in core areas of banking, financial markets and risk-management.
- Critically evaluate the theory and practice of investment analysis for firms and investors to inform financial decision making.
- Apply research techniques to collate and assess a range of information sources to prepare financial analysis using quantitative analysis techniques and reasoning.
- Work independently to solve complex problems, and contribute effectively to completing, and leading, team’s projects.
- Assess customer’s financial needs and recommend appropriate financial products and services.