The Banking Diploma is the first program of its kind in the UAE to focus on helping aspiring and existing bankers to improve knowledge in banking operations and enhance their qualifications. The program aims to develop industry-focused graduates who have comprehensive theoretical and technical knowledge of banking, with a broad understanding of relevant theories from cognate disciplines in preparation for a career in globalized banking, and who are able to pursue further education.
Within the context of achieving the Institute’s mission statement the Banking Diploma program aims to:
- Develop students with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the theories and principles underpinning banking, and their application to practice within the broader context of globalized banking.
- Develop students with broad knowledge and understanding of the theories and principles of cognate disciplines relevant to developing a holistic understanding of banking.
- Produce graduates who have the necessary technical knowledge underpinning banking products and services who can execute service delivery of financial products and services.
- Support the development of a range of subject-specific and general practical and transferable skills.
- Develop students’ ability to collate, analyze, interpret and communicate financial information.
- Develop students’ interpersonal, research, computing and communication skills.
Program Learning Outcomes:
On successful completion of this program the graduate will be able to:
- Use comprehensive range of theoretical, technical, legal and financial knowledge to execute service delivery of banking products and services.
- Understand the theory and practice of financial markets, firms and investors to inform financial decision making.
- Work independently to deliver products and services, and effectively coordinate groups to complete team projects.
- Operate effectively in a multidisciplinary banking and financial services environment and take a structured approach to business data analysis, problem solving and decision making individually and in teams.
- Apply relevant theory, tools and techniques to solving problems in a dynamic global business environment and develop a strong base of knowledge and skills that will serve as a foundation for pursuit of a career.